ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A day dedicated to teachers

Monday is the day yesterday. It coincided with Teachers’ Day. Happy Teachers’ Day to all who had been my mentor and to all who are my current lecturers. From the kindergarten teachers whom I have no recollection of to the inspiring and ever lively lecturers of the American Program.

I wish all of my teachers (once a teacher always a teacher) a good journey ahead of them and continue doing what you all do best – teach. 

Although some of my teachers taught me in an unorthodox way (e.g. Mr. K), I will embrace all differences and treasure the teachings and guidance as long as my mind could take it, though I think I should mention that my memory is not my best of tools.

Today is also quite special because Ian came back from the States and met up with his old pals after about 1 year of MIA.

Somehow, some change was expected in him but then again, I’m quite glad that he is now pretty much who he was back then. No big transformation. No big hair or long hair. Just like how I knew him.

He was quite reluctant to showcase his newfound American slang though, something that I’m sure he acquired after staying so long in the U.S..

After a small reunion, we made our way to the bowling alley, that also after a long discussion of what-to-do-next.

To keep a long story short, the bowling thingy didn’t materialize. There was some sort of Teachers’ Day event as many teachers could be seen strutting their stuff with big heavy cannon balls, with 3 holes for some fingering.

I can’t believe that we actually waited for maybe more than 1 hour or so, all the while looking and staring at balls being thrown recklessly by some bowlers. Not forgetting some funny antics.

However, all of these don’t seem to really offer much entertainment as felt asleep as soon as he arrived. I tell you, this guy has mastered the art of sleeping. Particularly, I marvel at his sleeping while standing routine in trains. Pretty amazing.

So somehow the arcade replaced the bowling. And we got into the trigger-happy mode. Everybody was taking turns holding and firing and the initial plan was to do so until we finish the game.

It didn’t go according to plan…

Next we went to the gym for some workout. Whoo. Push pull push pull. Heave hove heave hove. It was only like my 3rd time in serious gym mode.

I am neutral about going to gym. It is a stuffy exercise (at least at my place), and it mainly has to do with machinery (not that I hate machines), but it still gives a decent workout when the outdoor are not so conditioned.

Although I’m quite eager to put on some muscles on my skinny structure, protein powder is not my choice to achieve my goal. I guess that’s what they call a naturalist.

If I’m gonna gain muscles, I’m gonna gain it naturally, without supplements. I would rather eat mussels than eat protein powder, mark my words.

Maybe I should add some fats first before thinking of muscles. Weighing less than 55 kg, I am certainly in no position to put on extra sinews.

Spent the night doing some “work” that I’m involve and glad I’m involved in. Work keeps a person working. That’s what I would theorize. Also, not to mention the little fun I had getting my ass kicked in Panggilan Kerja – Call of Duty.

I didn't perform well in the game. My fingers were quite stiff. Not sure why, and I can’t blame bowling. Or it could be the awesomeness of my friends who owned me.

And the last task before my day really ends, is to blog. By right this is suppose to be a 10-minute post, but well, I went over the limit.

See you soon. I have to sleep early. Look at the time! Tomorrow is yet another long day and many things are already gearing up to ambush me. For starters, there’s the supposed pre-dawn running or jogging at 6:30 am. So much for signing up for a half marathon…

The question is: can I wake up?

No comments:

Post a Comment