ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Monday, March 7, 2011

Resurrection

I have to admit, this blog is outdated. Look at the last entry. Wow. Even I myself got a bit surprised. I guess  it has been stagnant for a fortnight, a Cock and The Bull personal record.

It’s not that there’s no Cock and Bull no more, but rather things are getting hectic. This is a post with the hope of more things to come in the future. To those who update their blogs or websites daily, I really salute them. That kind of discipline and endurance are unmatchable. Yes, it involves a lot of self motivation and discipline. It’s something like writing a daily diary, but more devotion than that.

There’s a reason why I included the Quote of the Week section. I thought about daily quotes but then I knew it’s not gonna work out, thanks to my indolence. Instead, I opted for a quote of the week, so that at least I’ll come to my blog once a week to change the quote manually. In the meantime, getting some motivation to update the blog. But look at how well it all turned up. : P This is what I call self-sarcasm.

I’m been busy writing a lot, but not the usual kind of writing. For the past week, I’ve been submerged in html codes, so much so that I even dreamt about html! I couldn’t believe it myself. I studied C++ programming before but I dreamt everything but C++. The reason for my being crazily meddling with html is because I have to come up with a website design for one of my courses. It’s a group assignment, and I chose to do the layout.

There are many softwares out there to design a website like dreamweaver, wix, and so on, but I didn’t chose one of those WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) html editors. These are the ones you could drag and drop visuals to make a website. But no no no. I went straight for the basics – a simple free coffeecup html editor. Why I did this? Why, supposedly we are suppose to hand it in a form of a CD, so going for an online editor like weebly or wix is not so viable. Another, more troubling reason lies in the fact that html is more challenging. I’m digging  my own grave in a sense, but I survived, though I had to pay a heavy price as everything comes with a time tag. This means I had less time for other stuff like my test. You bet I haven’t been sleeping well these past few days.

Now, all is past. Looking ahead into the very near future is the mid semester break. Things are going to resume the normal slow pace again. It’s ironic that I like to keep myself busy doing something at least, like doing a personal project or something so that I won’t be doing nothing. I think it’s a good thing to always have some tasks at hand. This is where time management comes handy. And for now I sense that this aspect in me is slowly rotting away, as can be seen in the condition of this blog.

After somewhat successfully designing a website with a team of people and learning the basics of html in about a week. I think a make-over would be apt for this blog. It’s just too messy and clutter-full. I plan to simplify the layout and reduce unnecessary things.

But I guess the new layout have to wait for a fortnight. Haha. Resurrection successful.

Let me share a joke I shared during my class presentation today. It’s the brainchild of Rouffino.

Question: “Which country has the most parks?”

Answer: KOREA.[Use the invisible method to see the answer :p]

Hahahaha.  Hope you got that. If you got any work, hobby, blog, homework and whatnot that needs a little resurrection, hopefully you’ll retake the first step again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment