ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Question that’s worth RM 3,400 and counting…

What do 52% of kids under 18 own?!(ended)

You may be thinking – so this is the question that’s worth three freakin’ thousand plus ringgit Malaysia? Yes, its true. I kid you not.


But the question is simple right? Just Google or look it up in the web, surely it came from some survey out there. WRONG. If it is so easy, it wouldn’t have snowballed to this.


I’m sure you want to know how to win it too. And the good news is – you can try your luck in this contest!



This question has remained “untouchable” for a few weeks now, hence the swingeing amount. It is actually a radio contest by Fly FM. This contest is aptly called “Wake Up Your Brain!”, apparently now its getting mind boggling. It’s on every weekday, at 7 am.


This is how it works. Be the 8th, 9th and 10th caller through after the cue and you would get a thousands ringgit chance to answer the above question. It’s that simple.
I got through the first time I tried calling. It was last Friday.
*Ring Ring, Ring Ring*
Nadia picked up the phone and said good morning. She then asked for my name. I tried to keep my voice level low because my parents were still sleeping upstairs. Alas, she noticed so, and told me that I should be more excited if I were to be heard on radio. LOL. After that, she made me go through a series of “WOOHOO!” shouts, of course to my dismay. Due to this seemingly happy cries, my mom actually thought that I had won something. Who on earth would be screaming WOOHOO at 7 am in the morning. Only an insane guy who’s trying to get on the radio to win something would do that.

After being put on hold for some while, the guy DJ got me to answer The Question. My answer was wrist watch. TEKK! The erroneous buzzing burst to life.
I realized I was the 9th caller through after hearing myself on the radio. It’s a fun thing to do. And you should try it too. You can start tomorrow.


Before you start to call FLY FM. You should know the wrong answers of this question.
Let me list down the wrong answers so far, for you convenience. Smile
  • TV [this is half right, btw]
  • Toothbrush
  • Mother tongue
  • Football
  • Bed
  • Pair of jeans
  • Bus driver
  • Living skills
  • Sibling
  • Yahoo account
  • Insurance policy
  • Parental support
  • School books
  • Chatroom
  • Bags
  • Scooter
  • Twitter
  • Toys (I think they all have toys)
  • Branded Apparel
  • Justin Bieber CD (Not everybody will get the fever)
  • Watches (my answer)
  • Motorbike License
  • Parents
  • What the other 48% do not (my favorite so far)
  • Credit Cards
  • L Driver License
  • Braces
  • Secondary School Education
  • Thumb drive
  • Partner
  • Self-confidence
  • Sexually Active Friend
  • Spectacles
  • ASNB (Wth is this?)
  • Walkman
  • Online Game Account
  • Body Fat (everybody has it la)
  • iPhone
  • Toys
  • Curiosity
  • Wisdom
  • Friendship
  • MyKid card
  • Pocket money
  • Milk teeth
  • Motorcycle
  • Bicycle
  • International passport
  • Babies (interesting)
  • Curfew
  • Tuition teacher
  • Diaries
  • Fake ID (even more interesting)
  • Education
  • More than 500 friends on Facebook
  • Piano
  • High tech electronic device like iPhone
  • iPod
  • Video games like nitendo ds
  • Electronic dictionary
  • CD player in the room
  • Email internet service
  • Grandparents
  • Passport
  • DSLR camera
  • Boyfriend or girlfriend
  • SPM certificate
  • Personality
  • Mobile phone
  • Driving license
  • They don’t own a driving license
  • Nothing
  • Computer
  • A pet
  • Facebook account
  • PlayStation
  • Tuition
  • Property (Wow!)
  • Car
  • Savings account
  • Handphone
  • Video game console
  • Laptop
[updated 30/11/2010]
source: FLY FM’s official website.


Phew! What a long list this is. Just look at the history of this question.


This list would constantly be updated. But to be sure, you can check out the list by yourself.
The number to call is 03-77241144.


I am still brainstorming for the right answer to pop out. So far, some of my answers are radio, alarm clock, football, soft toy, and story book. If you try one of these and you hit the jackpot, please, remember me.


So, what say you? What do you think the answer is? Feel free to comment. If you’re answer is right, I will share the prize money with you if I win. Haha. Seriously.




3 comments: