ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bank Scam

Hi folks. Haven’t been writing much lately. But I want to highlight something that people should know.

This is my second post about scam and fraud. And yes, it has all got to do with money because that’s what the dirty perpetrators get for doing it. See the first post here.

As the banks are trying to tighten security by introducing new internet security policies, some nasty people are using banks’ names to trick people via emails.

bank fraud

This is one of the many similar emails that I received recently, allegedly from CIMB bank, telling my to validate my personal information.

No letter header, no logo…nothing. But the message was straightforward and prompt.

It even mentions about the new security measures being implemented which was happening at that time to create a seemingly persuasive email.

But  when I hovered my mouse pointer over the underlined hyperlink, I can truly see where the link is going to bring me. So always always do that. See where the link will bring you before clicking on it. Just observe the bottom left of your screen (which is my case) when you hover over any link.

That would show you whether the link is real or fake.

If you don’t proceed with caution, you might just lose a fortune because the link will bring you to a replica of the actual website of the bank that’s so alike that you’ll think it’s real.

So be smart. The best thing to do is not to click any links in emails from “banks” or any finance based entity as they would never ever ask for your confidential information online or through phone for that matter.

Whenever you find yourself in doubt, just call the bank to ask about this email that you received, and you’ll know for sure whether it’s authentic or not.

All these despicable people. There are plenty of ways to make money so don’t resort to doing illegal stuff. May you fellows rot lovely in hell.

8 comments:

  1. It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.
    Volvo 850 Turbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very enjoyable post. I like it. Looking for more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. I appreciate it. Looking for such useful future works. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. Keep going and be useful for others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Varity of post should encompass the blog. Good work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine post. I think will be enjoyable to everyone.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete