ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Run my foot!

Talk about running and my foot…

If you have been following me, you know that tomorrow is suppose to be a BIG day for me. Tomorrow is suppose to be the day I’ll be running in a half-marathon.

Well, not anymore.

The running jersey that’s waiting in my shelf, the bib with my name on it, the electronic tag that would be strapped around my shoes plus whatever that I have put into the preparation (however little) for this run.

All that no more, along with the RM 75 that I paid. It’s not the money that bothers me. No. It’s the experience and the challenge that I have set up to face. A big thing it is to me, but what a disappointment.

A raw anticlimax.

I was playing frisbee on Wednesday when I injured my right foot, resulting in (I think) a metatarsal injury. It got sort of squashed, like when someone grabs hold of your hand and presses in hardly, when I tried saving a disc that was too far away.

Till now, my right foot still hurts whenever I walk. Thankfully the pain is still bearable. I can’t put my weight on the right side of my right foot. If I do, I’ll get the darnest pain.

I haven’t seen a medical doctor yet, but I have seen a Sin Se (in Hokkien)/ a Chinese Doctor for some traditional medicine. Ole School style.

I guess fate has it own ways of dealing with things. Something doesn’t want me to run tomorrow, and perhaps it’s a blessing in disguise.

Things happen for a reason, that’s what we always hear. Maybe, just maybe, it’s for me own good.

At least now I have other things to worry about, say, the pain in my foot. I’m also grateful to have one foot still functioning, and really appreciate my foot even more.

Through all the slow walking and limping, I could see how a taken-for-granted foot can allow people to walk and do things.

Get well soon, my foot, for I really need you to bring me around without pain and get me up and running. There’s also this trip coming up and it requires much walking and sight-seeing.

Ouchh…now my foot begs my attention. Excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment