ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last Day at College

Time surely flies, especially if we’re having a good time together. It is such a cliché, I know, but most of the time we cannot even begin to deny the truth brought by clichés.


Very soon, I’ll also be leaving my beloved country to continue my education in the States.


Excited. Elated. Yet the feeling of the unwillingness to leave the bird’s nest creates a mixed feeling as the end is nigh.


A bird still has to leave its nest no matter what, to learn how to fly, and to open its horizons. It has to be independent. At the end of the day, the sky would be its.


Like the bird, I would cherish the opportunity given to enrich my knowledge and horizons, and feast my eyes with the outside world.


Most importantly, the bird has to return to its nest, the place where it grows up and spends its childhood period. Family comes first, and coming back doesn’t require a second thought, it is a mere instinct to do so.


I have learned a lot in the past 2 years, and certainly I have grown, not in terms of size (how I wish so), but in terms of disposition and maturity.


In the process, many strangers turned into friends  - friends that could trust one another with important documents like passports and even money!


Many of our paths crossed, but after this, we may not have the chance to see one another again for who knows how long.


Not forgetting the lecturers who shared stories and tales, being our friends besides fulfilling their duty as lecturers.


They did a lot for us students, and taught us not only in the field of academics, but of life as a whole as well. They are the bedrock of the American Program in my college.


Perhaps only God and some people would really know the sacrifices of the lecturers. May they be blessed with good health and wealth.


The friends that we made, the lecturers that showed us the light, the experience of living away from home, and the experience of college life itself are something money can’t buy…something that I would not trade off for 
anything else.


Friends
The first few friends I made in my college. In fact, they were my first roommates.



With a breath of relief and a sigh of alas, it is time to move on.
In the blink of two eyes,
New worlds await us as cold as ice,
To all, the last thing we would say are goodbyes,
Embark on a new journey be prepared to break the ice,
Cry foul not at this departure cause we’ll see again the same two eyes.
That said, I better start packing up my belongings. Wonder where should I start...

No comments:

Post a Comment