ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 Cool pictures of Shah Alam

Yesterday while I was taking a stroll looking for a library somewhere in Shah Alam, I managed to capture some epic-ness of the capitol of Selangor. The only downside: my friend and I ended up all wet in the insides, thanks to the unforgiving heat. We were out because of a project we’re having but since there was time to kill wile waiting for the Friday prayers to be over, we decided to lepak around Section 14.


Either the 3 young ladies were pulling our legs when they gave us directions to the library (that was no longer there) or they were as innocent as babies telling us what they (honestly) thought was correct.


Whatever it was, it made us walk for an hour circumambulating a huge complex, trying to find the elusive library but in vain, and most of the time under the blinding rays of the Almighty Sun. The only positive outcome was a tanner skin. Anyway, the library had been moved to another part of Shah Alam for a better future.


Even so, the “walk in the park” had revealed to me some gem-like scenes of Shah Alam that was hitherto hidden to me. Feast your eyes with these picture-perfect shots below…


Futuristic looking building


A building from a sci-fi movie? Think again. What looks like a futuristic and sophisticated building, looking a tad like a slab of concrete rocket (what’s with the design of the vertical supports below), is actually……. drum roll…… the MBSA (Majlis Perbandaran Shah Alam) building. Haha. I bet you had no inkling at all. Quite cool eh. It’s not bad at all, at least from this camera angle.





Shah Alam Clock Tower


The eye-captivating blue clock tower of Shah Alam ticking away mechanically, partially blocked by a tree. (A perfectly balanced cock on its zenith should perfectly complement the tower) Or maybe the sky scrapping building next to it is the highlight here. I’m not sure myself. Perhaps the cropped out photo-bomb pedestrian spoilt the whole thing in the first place.


Blue Mosque


Hohoho. This my friends, couldn’t get better – The Blue Mosque of Shah Alam in all its shining glory. Hmm…the color blue looks to me a theme of Shah Alam. With four minarets piercing the cerulean sky and the curvaceous pathway seemingly leading to the mosque, this looks like a passage to heaven. Accompanying the majestic building is the holy-like clouds that were in the process of forming a halo (the doughnut shape can be seen forming together) at the time of Friday prayers. Whoah. An exaggeration of my imagination? You don’t say.


Artsy cylinders of Shah Alam


I call this the artsy cylinders of Shah Alam, with blue strips of course. Now it’s without a doubt that blue is the official color of Shah Alam. Look at the far left building in the background. It’s none other than the Blue Wave Hotel. See. Everything’s blue in this city. I wonder if the stripes glow like neon lights at night.


DSC03748


This here is a part of the Tourism Selangor building. The building itself is a marvelous piece of architecture that is too amazing to be taken. You have to see it for yourself. Many activities are lined up by them throughout the whole year, portraying their efforts in promoting Selangor as a tourist destination. Having spent my life growing up in Selangor, I realize that I don’t really know much about it. Sob sob.


me


That’s me, dressed and equipped like a tourist. A camera holder is attached to my belt as cannot be seen in the picture due to the perfectly-timed position of my right hand.


One last thought. DSLRs are a trend nowadays, so I might think of buying one myself. But the price of one is not quite affordable. Maybe a normal digital camera is sufficient, though it's not as flexible or fun than a DSLR. It’s a dilemma! For now, I’m contented with borrowing other people’s cameras, and in worse case scenarios, rely on my untrustworthy 3.2 Megapixel camera phone. By the way, the above pictures were taken using a digital camera.








“Explore your own backyard, for you may never know what lies before you, even though it’s right in front of your face.”

No comments:

Post a Comment