ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Friday, November 19, 2010

What a lucid experience!

A The Cock and The Bull True Story
I emerged from a shop. I can’t remember what shop it was, but it could’ve been a cyber café or photocopy shop. Looking out from inside the shop, I could see some cars on the road. It was quite hot and bright a day. Strangely, the element of heat was missing.


Suddenly, I have the thought of going out onto the road to stand in the middle of it. As soon as I stepped on the road, there weren’t any cars left. The thought of getting hit by a car was in vain. 


Why did I thought of getting myself killed? Aha! Then the answer just flowed into my mind.
This is a dream, thought I.
I was standing inside the unknown shop again.There was some machine in the shop, I think its some photocopy machine.


Haven’t been experiencing this kind of dream for a long time, I wagered I could spice up my dream. I thought that since I was aware that this was a dream, I could manipulate and control it. So I tried something. I tried to create an explosion in the shop.


Focusing on some machines, I envisioned a terrific fiery explosion. Poof! Nothing happened, only visions of black smoke, surely projections of my will. To ascertain that I was having a lucid dream, I wanted to have a close look at the shop assistant’s face. I had a thought that if it was really a dream, the details of the shop assistant’s face would be blurry or perhaps something evil that would suddenly turn on me, or even turn me on. 


I stepped closer to the shop assistant. It was a she. She was wearing a blue shirt, her creed I couldn’t ascertain. As I looked thoroughly into her face, I was gobsmacked to see a face of immaculate detail. I could see every single detail from her fringe to her mouth.n No a single spot was blurry or out-of-place, it was as though I was starring into somebody’s face in real life.
Realizing that she was studied, she shot a curious look at me.
“Just wanna have a close look at your face,” I was quick to respond to the obvious question.
“Why?” She was equally quick in questioning. Her face contorted to that of suspicion, and I sensed a slight malediction in her tone.
As I failed in creating a spontaneous explosion earlier, I was determined to know something useful from my own dream.
“Can you teach me something about the dreamland?” I asked. Of course, what I meant was the art of manipulating a dream.
Moments later, my normal vision faded away and was replaced by slide-presentation like projections. I saw shapes in black ink on a paper, could be languages that are alien. Then before I can focus more, it was replaced by another blurry picture of the same sort. Looked like language to me, indiscernible language.


The shop assistant’s voice was slightly audible in the background.
“Do you really want to know?” Her voice was ominous and warning. “But,” she said as her voice died away.
I was too focused on those projections to really pay attention to her.


The projections in my mind began to be more fast paced. More vivid slides were turning up. I sensed fear creeping up my body, reminding me of the sleep paralysis (this will be discussed next time) that I now seldom experience. But I managed to control the fear. At the same time, I also felt the awakening of my body. I was half awake I half asleep I guess, the intermediate stage of sleeping and dreaming.
“Just a little, show me just a little,” I told her.
I could feel my body lying down on the couch. If I wanted to, I knew I could just break away from the dream world and return to reality. But I wanted to hold on as long as I could, eager to learn something from the dream world and from the shop assistant.


There were some more slides churning up. Some pictures, some videos. Before long, I couldn’t hold on to it longer. The projections dissolved into nothing. My senses returned to their full sensibility. Before I could learn anything, the real world was there to greet me.


Looking at the clock, I realized that my cat nap at 2:00 pm did not last longer than 15 minutes.


If you like this, do share it or click on any of these buttons down here.
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment