ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New pages added.

Hooray! I’ve expanded this blog to include more pages, and you bet more is coming up. The most recently added page is ChillsContests, the place where you can test your luck. Another page would be ChillsBooks, where I keep track of my own readings. The pages would be updated periodically.Fingers crossed

The only bad thing about these pages is the limited spaces and unavailable sub-pages. Everything has to be posted as a whole in the page. On top of that, considering that there are only 10 pages available for me use, the only way I can think of to make these pages work well is by linking the contents to my earlier posts. If only blogger can provide us with sub-pages and provide us with better page freedom…

If you have aspirations of expanding your blogger blog too, there’s a way out of it. Smile

You would not face this problem if you use Wordpress. It has a better page system, allowing you to create parent pages and sub-pages. Thus letting you have a better organization of your blog as a whole. For example, you can create a parent page, say, books. After that, you could add sub-pages like fiction and non-fiction, which would be a part of your Books section. Even more impressive, you can also add fantasy, romance, and stuff like that under Fiction! How amazing. For this, Wordpress gets a Thumbs up.

Of course, Wordpress has its downsides too. A Staggeringly obvious one would be the prohibition of advertisements like , , , and for free wordpress.com blogs. In fact, any form of advertisements, no matter whether its paid ads, affiliated ads, or referral links. Only VIP blogs are given the right to have advertisements. Bad news for many people out there, but not for the purists. Another downside is the inability to add in plug-ins to the free wordpress blogs. I tried attaching the Wibiya toolbar (it’s a cool thing to have in your blog) in a Wordpress blog but in vain. Thumbs down

So, yes, I’m not quite satisfied with what blogger can provide me with, but I’m contented for now. At least I have the liberty to put whatever ads here. Most tools/ plug-ins/ accessories out there are also quite compatible with the free blogger blogs. So, if you want to have the best without paying anything, Blogger is your best choice ever.

Maybe I should dedicate a post on the comparison between Blogger and Wordpress, so that you can see for yourself the pros and cons of each blog host. But I doubt that would be done by indolent me.