ChillsQuote of the Week

"Life is too short to be little."
~Disraeli

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Live curious

A curious video

Thanks to my lecturer who shared this with me. It reminds me to always be open and alert to everything that’s happening around me.

Curiosity. That’s a spark in all of us. We are naturally curious beings. How, why, who, and when are words that we always use in our daily conversations.

But many people nowadays, including myself, forget to be curious. We are often caught up in our worldly duties, obligations, and conflicts that a solid barrier hems in our thoughts and minds, obstructing the spark from sparkling.

How could one be curious again?

If you are, you breath. If you breath, you talk. If you talk, you ask. If you ask, you think. If you think, you search. If you search, you experience. If you experience, you learn. If you learn, you grow. If you grow, you wish. If you wish, you find. And if you find…you doubt. If you doubt, you question. If you question, you understand. If  you understand, you know. If you know, you want to know more. If you want to know more…you’re alive.

We should be mindful of what we’re doing, be mindful that we’re alive. Live in the moment, not the past or the future. Be present. Notice your surroundings; if you have, you’ll start to question things. From there, it feeds on, until we’ll want to learn more. That’s curiosity, the essence of learning.

I want to be more curious. I hope you do too.

“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein.

See where curiosity can lead us? Are you curious? If you are click .

No comments:

Post a Comment